Have you been struggling to free storage space on your Android phone? Have you attempted to open a media file or Messages on your Android ph...
Have you been struggling to free storage space on your Android phone? Have you attempted to open a media file or Messages on your Android phone and the system pops up a message telling you to free up space?Probably you may have been experiencing storage space challenge on your Android phone. Here comes the solution to that issue.
In this post, I have highlighted 5 tips to show you how to free up space on your phone internal memory.
Join me as we explore these tips together.
Before we continue, I like to establish that almost every Android phone comes with some installed applications and these apps occupy space on your phone.
1. 1. To free up space on your phone, uninstall those default apps not relevant to you. To do that:
Go to Settings
Locate All Apps
2. Uninstall apps you do not need or you rarely use and may be occupying space on your phone. Locate such apps, press and hold, then select uninstall. Repeat the same process to every other app you do not need from your phone to free up storage memory .
3. 2. WhatsApp creates duplicate media files you send to someone by default and this occupies space on your phone. To delete these duplicate media files:
Go to File Manager
Locate Internal Storage
Locate the folder for WhatsApp
Locate the Media Folder
Locate the Sent Folder and delete the images, videos, and documents. Doing this will help a great deal.
4. 3. Use cloud otherwise called iCloud storage rather than the internal or external storage for your storage location. There are two benefits of using cloud storage over the internal or external storage. These include:
Your data is safer and secure in cloud storage.
Your internal or external storage will stay free thereby, allowing your phone to work optimally.
4. Google has already provided by default free 15gb storage to every Android phone user. Your free cloud storage can be located on Google Drive in your Android phone. There are other free cloud storage apps you can download from the Google Play Store like the degoo with about 100gb free cloud storage provision. You can check that out.
5. 5. Always use 'Add to Home Screen' feature instead of visiting the sites you use regularly using the browser. Using this method helps to free up the storage on your phone. Almost every browser has this feature of Add to Home Screen. To make use of this feature:
Open the site you visit regularly
Locate and tap on the Options icon usually located at the top right corner of the site. It’s a three eclipse dots.
I believe these tips will help you a great deal to free up storage space on your Android phone.
If this post has benefited you,
Kindly drop a comment in the Comment Box below.